Assistant Head Housekeeper
This is a Full-Time position working 5 days out of 7.
You along with the head housekeeper will be responsible for day to day running of our busy Housekeeping Department. To ensure cleaning and servicing of all bedrooms and public areas to a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel in accordance with hotel standards.
Key Tasks and Accountability:
- To ensure that the mini bar procedures and stock control are adhered to
- Ensure that there is adequate linen for the department and that it is not overstocked
- To ensure the on-going compliance with statutory requirements relating to the work of the department
- To ensure that all team members are trained and have training plans in place to perform to the required standard
- Ensure that the departmental SOP is updated with any changes
- To assist your line manager to ensure that the department is fully stocked of daily operational equipment, cleaning materials and guest amenities
- To promote a customer focused culture within by example and by encouraging in-house training of all team members through an agreed training plan.
- To be completing weekly rota’s to coincide with business needs in the absence of your HOD
- To ensure adequate staff are on shift to cover the needs of the business
- To assist your HOD in the recruitment process for your department
- Acting as an ambassador for the business
- To ensure that facilities comply with all relevant legislation relating to health and safety, food hygiene regulations and licensing legislation
- To ensure that all maintenance items are recorded correctly and for any priority, items are reported to your line manager
- To be responsible for the day to day operations of the department in the absence of your HOD
Key Skills and Requirements:
- To have good social skills to deal with initial complaints and ensure that all complaints are passed onto the supervisor on duty
- To work closely with your Supervisors/Management as well as other departments and to work as part of a team.
- To report any suspicious incidents, substances, objects or character immediately to the Duty Manager
- To be aware and comply with Hotel’s rules and regulations
- To be smart at all times while on duty
- Personal hygiene to be of the highest standard
Benefits Include - Discounted stays on other properties after completing a successful 3-month probationary period and our company pension scheme